Discover the Art of Re-Upholstery – “Transforming something Old into New”
1. Sentimental Value – Do you have a favourite chair or lounge that you are holding onto for sentimental reasons but it simply does not work with the rest of your décor? Ferrari Interiors are experts at transforming dated, worn out furniture into amazing feature pieces or blending it with your lifestyle.
2. Family Heirloom – We can help you take a family heirloom and bring it into the future. Using beautiful modern fabrics with traditional skills can provide you with results that are even better than the original. In the hands of a good professional, you can get a full measure of value for your money, and quality that’s hard to match.
3. Recycling – If you have a lumpy old sofa, or a frayed chair that’s beginning to shed its stuffing, take another look before dismissing it as a “has been”. It could be the beginning of a beautiful new piece.
4. Good Value – Good furniture frames don’t wear out. Over the years a good wooden frame has jumped 100% or more in price. The hardwood itself is worth it. It’s generally a hefty 1¼” to 3½” thick and it’s valuable. The frames are normally joined with double dowels (wood pins) and wood blocks, or screws. These hold fast and firm for a long time. If and when they loosen, they’re easily firmed up or replaced.
5. Unique Piece – Many older pieces of furniture have interesting outside frames. Furniture with exposed frames is usually valuable, and if it’s old, even more so. The frame is part of the design of the piece and if you own one like this, you probably know its worth. These outside frames are usually cherry, walnut, or mahogany, and some are beech or birch. They are found on Victorian styles that have rich, dark woods, on Chippendale and Sheraton pieces where the frames are handsome embellishments to the piece, on Empire styles, French and American antiques, and on good reproductions. The wood usually ripens with age and acquires a beautiful patina, or soft glow. Such frames rarely need big repairs, if any. If one should need refinishing, this is done before the upholstering process begins.
7. Custom Made – Many upholsters custom create the entire piece. They will order a frame in a particular size and style, to fit a room space, large or small, or to match up with a grouping of pieces. And then fashion the furniture to individual specifications, just as they do for decorators and interior designers. It goes without saying that this is expensive, but if it’s worth it to you, you can get an approximate price which will be adjusted for materials, labour and the fabric you choose. What you will end up with is a truly one-of-a-kind piece of furniture.
8. Great Find – Treasure hunting for a special piece can be very rewarding and with the right fabric and refurbishing can become a centre piece of your room.
9. Unlimited Choice – When you purchase new furniture you are offered a limited range of fabrics to choose from. With re-upholstery the offer is endless, tens of thousands of textiles in colours, textures, styles and price ranges to suit any taste. Ferrari Interiors are on-hand to help you find that perfect fabric.
10. Personal Statement – By choosing the finish, whether it is the fabric or the complete design, this piece reflects you and brings your personality into a room.