Wish List: East Meets West
In this article Bernie shows you how to create a tranquil, organised and sophisticated living space by blending Eastern sensibilities with Western classicism.
- A simple way to bring an Eastern touch into your home is by using Asian materials such as Bamboo which is ideal for cabinetry and flooring. Bamboo has many benefits; it is incredibly strong, environmentally friendly and termite resistant.
- Mix Asian antiquities with contemporary furnishings. In this example, red lacquered Ming Dynasty chairs are incorporated with modern sofas in muted tones.
- Create a special place to relax and unwind within your home. Whether it is a meditation room or a lavish bathroom, complete with a traditional Japanese soapstone soaking tub and daybed.
- Choose a neutral, muted palette to highlight your eclectic furnishings and Eastern wall coverings and inject colour by adding a splash of red throughout your home.
- If you live in an apartment and don’t have a garden add some beautiful natured-inspired art to your walls.
Celebrated British Interior Designer, Kelly Hoppen is renowned for her unique style which incorporates the spirit of the east into the best of the west. Her design encompasses a beautiful spirituality and she is the master of mixing vintage pieces with modern furnishings.
To find out more about Ferrari Interiors’ interior design services please contact Bernadette Ferrari on 0417088602.