Festive table settings with the one and only Colin Cowie
Born in Zambia and raised in South Africa, Colin Cowie is one of the world’s most high-profile party planners. His clients include Jennifer Aniston, Tom Cruise, Jennifer Lopez, Oprah Winfrey and Kim Kardashian, whilst his projects range from styling intimate birthday celebrations to iconic weddings. He also consults for international hospitality and design projects for hotels, retailers and airlines. Add to that two websites: Colin Cowie Celebrations and Colin Cowie Weddings, several books and regular appearance on home lifestyle television shows and he is one very busy man!
We have collated a few of our favourite table settings by Cowie for some Christmas decorating inspiration.
Colin’s top five tips:
1. Make sure you have a big picture idea of what you want. Pick a definitive theme such as organic, traditional or modern vintage
2. Choose items you can use year-round, not just for Christmas
3. Balance the energy of the table with edible and non-edible accessories such as a piece of fruit as a name-holder
4. You can never have too many candles – mix tall, short and in between
5. Nature never lets you down – simple florals make for effective centrepieces
…And finish the setting with a great cocktail!