Wish List – Glamorous Dining Spaces
Why is it when we think of dining rooms we imagine the same old table with the perfunctory chairs? Let Bernie and her team help you create a space where your family and friends can come together in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. A dining space that suits your needs and taste whether it is a separate room or part of your open planned living area.
Dining rooms are often a dealmaker when it comes to purchasing a new home. The dining room is all about style that is united with practical utility in a way that appeals to the senses. Even if your dining room is small and simple, you can create a glamorous room that is practical and inviting. Decorating a small dining room can be a masterpiece of art and design with a few simple tips that will encourage a chic and sophisticated dining area.
- Give your space a focal point. This will give the room its character and define the space particularly if it is part of open plan living.
- Don’t be afraid to use colour. A splash of colour can make the difference between a formal or informal look. The dining room can be used to visually tie together the elements of your other rooms. The kitchen and living room are typically extensions of the dining room, so complement one another in colour and design.
- Enhance your natural light with a mirror
- At night different light fittings can affect how a dining room’s colours look and make you feel. Choosing light fixtures that aim the light upwards will create a softer and warmer look on the table. Light fixtures that direct the light downwards will induce a softer appearance on the walls and ceiling. Warm lighting with more bulbs and lower wattage per bulb will enhance the room and bring depth to the dining table.
- Choose the right size and shape of table to balance the room. If space is limited and your dining room is small in size, choose a dining table that is attractive but simple. A wooden table and chairs are often the most affordable option for a dining room. To add a bit of interest to the dining room, you can choose a table that has a glass top or glass insert and chairs that have a lattice design. This will add a bit of visual variety to the dining room while keeping the room practical and useful. In addition, choosing a table that will seat six rather than eight will make your dining room appear larger and less crammed.
Add a final touch of glamour by accessorizing your dining space with a gorgeous place setting, candles etc. Ferrari Interiors’ Express Makeover Service is ideal for those wishing to rejuvenate their home. Please call Bernie on 0417088602 for further information.