Wish List: Luxe Living Rooms
A living room that is both practical and aesthetically beautiful will bring you a great deal of pleasure. This is one of the most important spaces within your home. It is where you unwind with family, curl up with a book after a busy day and share a glass of wine with friends. Bernie shares some tips on how to create a luxe living room.
- Textures: Create opulence by featuring lots of beautiful textures in your lounge room such as a velvet armchair, silk and beaded cushions and a soft cashmere throw rug.
- Sculpture: A stunning sculptural piece such as a lamp or oversized chair not only looks fantastic but helps to create a sense of proportion in a large lounge room.
- Wall Feature: A striking wall feature makes a bold statement in a room and is a wonderful visual focal point.
- Art: There is no need to spend thousands of dollars on new artwork, you can simply get creative and reframe existing paintings. For an instance, an oil painting framed in mirrored mosaic tiles gives it a contemporary touch.
- Floor Cushions: Create an inviting den by using comfortable floor cushions in a range of textures. Silks and velvets in a neutral tone evoke a calming mood.
Ferrari Interiors offers very affordable personal shopping services for those that need assistance sourcing the perfect piece of furniture, art or accessory for their living room. Please contact Bernadette Ferrari on 0417 088 602 for further information.
Celebrity Luxe Living Rooms
Musician, John Mayer may have a bad boy reputation but he is also a man of style. His New York pad features a living room that is beautifully appointed with Armani/Casa furnishings. This is the ultimate entertaining space, with guests invited to sink into a large Grembo sofa and rest their glass on a sophisticated cocktail table. Curved lamps project mood lighting and velvet pillows add extra warmth.
Spanish Revival style gets a welcome update in Ben Stiller’s home. The living room features Dunbar-style velvet sofas, a Scandinavian light fixture, along with a feature wall created by a collection of photographs by Hiroshi Sugimoto and Matthew Barney.
In SJ’s stylish New York, living room you will find cosy furnishings and graphic fabrics that standout against white walls.
Grey’s Anatomy star, Ellen Pompeo has mixed old furnishing with new in her beautiful living room. Furnishings include a vintage dhurrie underfoot and a custom-made sofa by designer Martyn Lawrence-Bullard, who decorated the house.